We’re really getting used to these 3-day weekends. Had a wonderful lie-in this morning and wanted to make something different for breakfast so before our morning yoga and kriya I soaked the chia seeds and quickly whipped up this delicious pudding for a post-meditation prana-filled breakfast.
- 3 heaped tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 mangoes, depending on size
- maple syrup to drizzle
1. Put the chia seeds into a bowl and add the coconut cream. Stir for a bit.
2. Add the vanilla extract and stir again for a few minutes till seeds start to swell. Put into the fridge for at least 30 mins. (We had it in for 90 minutes and it was perfect)
3. While the chia pudding is in the fridge, peel and cut the mango. Keep 1/2 in small chunks to be put on the top of the puddings. Add the rest to the blender and blend into a thick mango custard.
4. Take two small jars and layer the chia pudding at the bottom, then a layer of mango custard followed by a top layer of chia pudding. Decorate the top with fresh sliced mango and drizzle with some maple syrup.